Wednesday 29 October 2014

Hannah with the movable alphabet


Hannah worked on pink set 1 this week with the movable alphabet for the first time. She has been asking for a while to do this activity as she sees Aliyah doing it but I thought she wasn't really ready. I eventually gave in and thought we'd do it together but she amazed me, she could identify all the sounds in the words without a problem and just needed a bit of help finding the letters in the box. I had been thinking about the Pink, Green, Blue versus Dwyer approach and came to the conclusion that Dwyer seems the better approach for a home ed set up. However, if I was going to follow that route Hannah wouldn't be able to work with the movable alphabet for probably another 1 or 2 years. She was so happy to do this today it would be a shame to miss out on this enthusiasm so I'm glad I do have the P, G, B boxes and I'll just try to 'follow the child' and let her work with it whenever she wants. 


Livvy is get more mobile and found her way off the mat to have a look at the nature table today!





 Aliyah worked with the coloured bead stairs today to see how many ways ten can be made. She enjoyed this and did it twice and then asked if she could write them all down.


No comments:

Post a Comment